[oe] Has the file:// behavior changed in SRC_URI

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Tue Aug 24 14:37:51 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 7:03 AM, Philip Balister <philip at balister.org>wrote:

> I know I used to be able to use a local directory with kernel source like
> this:
>
> SRC_URI = "file:///home/balister/kernel_source"
>
> but now all that is copied to ${WORK} is an empty directory. This is with
> bitbake 1.10.0.
>
> Any thoughts?

Should work, if it doesn't its a bug in the metadata.  Are you using
relatively recent OE, or a split off tree?  There was a fix that went into
OE for do_unpack to obey either the 'path' *or* 'host' url components for
file: uris, because which it goes in was changed in bitbake.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com