[oe] squid: remove 2.x versions

Roman I Khimov roman at khimov.ru
Wed Aug 25 17:31:28 UTC 2010

В сообщении от Среда 25 августа 2010 21:12:02 автор Frans Meulenbroeks
написал:
> Triggered by the recent commit from Roman:
> http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?id=b0f0b3ab87cf8
> 5c76498b57f8300539d133efa6f There are various DoS issues resolved in 3 that
>  are not resolved in 2.x (http://www.squid-cache.org/Advisories/)
>
> 2.6 is not a recommended version any more. 2.7 is lagging a version
> (latest is stable9).
> I propose to remove the 2.x versions and keep only 3.1.7

I'd remove 2.6 and leave 2.7 since AFAIK it is officially maintained (STABLE9
has almost no changes compared to STABLE8, I've seen that and not bothered to
update even when we've been on 2.7):
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.7/changesets/SQUID_2_7_STABLE9.html

3.x and 2.x branches are very different so there are situations where 3.x has
a bug and 2.x doesn't (3.1.6 bug is in this category)

2.x also has some features 3.x doesn't:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.1/RELEASENOTES.html#s6

2.6, especially since it's STABLE14 and no one cares to update it to latest
STABLE, yes, good candidate for removal.

--
 http://roman.khimov.ru
mailto: roman at khimov.ru
gpg --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 0xE5E055C3