[oe] how to add file to SRC_URI for target only

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 21:04:51 UTC 2010

Is it possible to add a file to SRC_URI for target only in a combined
native/target recipe?

Of course I know I can fully redefine SRC_URI, but I feel that is less
desirable.
The issue is that the target recipe needs an additional patch that the
native recipe cannot use.

Or do we need to introduce an _target suffix?

Guess an intermediate variable also could do the trick.
E.g.

PATCH = "xx.patch"
PATCH_virtclass-native = ""
SRC_URI = "source and files and patches ${PATCH}"

not really ideal either.

I saw some other places where we need to tweak similarly with DEPENDS
e.g.
DEPENDS = "x"
DEPENDS_virtclass-natvie = ""

guess here _target could help too.