[oe] Patch procedure for dummies

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 11:49:51 UTC 2010

2010/8/26 Hauser, Wolfgang (external) <Wolfgang.Hauser.external at eads.com>:
> Thanks from me too, but for me it would be helpful to add the necessary steps for people which don't have
> snmp access for git and have to send patches through the allowed mail client as an attachment.

Patches should not be set as attachment but inline.
If you do not have snmp access to your email account you have two options:
1. use a different account (e.g. gmail). you can make one especially
for this. Note that the account may differ from the one in signed-off
(although that is inconvenient)
2. just include the patch in the body of your email. Make sure you use
an email client that does not touch the message (turn spaces in tabs,
wrap lines etc etc).
In the past I did this. A good mail client to do so is pine (or alpine)

Frans