[oe] remove cdrtools ?

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 12:36:05 UTC 2010

While browsing through our recipes I found this:
cdrtools/cdrtools-native_2.01.01_alpha77.bb

This was added in 2006 by Raymond Danks, I did some cleaning 1.5 year
ago, Holger moved it to the latest version last march.

When I wanted to attack this device to remove legacy staging, I
suddenly asked myself: why do we have this recipe in the first place?

Facts:
There is no target recipe for it
no one pins it
no recipe depends on it

I can imagine having a cd recording app could be useful, but do we
within oe really want to support and maintain recording apps?
I guess any decent dev system has cdrtools and at least 5 other
recording apps, so I consider this recipe to be out of scope for OE.

My proposal: remove this recipe

Can I have an ack for this (or if you feel this should be kept can you
please explain why this would be useful to keep and would you then
please also convert the recipe from legacy staging (and probably move
to 3.0)?

Frans.