[oe] testing branch 2010-08-23

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 03:45:03 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Graham Gower <graham.gower at gmail.com> wrote:
> """if a build fails, then issues are reported, and the testing-testing
> branch is moved ahead to capture fixes made in the dev branch. Once
> the issue is fixed, all combinations are retested."""
>
> Can I suggest that the testing-testing branch not be moved ahead?

I think yes the fixes should be committed to master and then pulled
into the testing-testing branch
IOW testing-testing moved ahead to new head on each monday and I think
if you have successful build
on prior monday and dont want to test it the tag should still be
there. I think continuous build is the only
way we can make sure that what we are committing is not breaking
stuff. ideally testing branch should move
every time a fix is committed upstream which was reported in
testing-testing branch but Monday to Monday is
ok too.

 Its