[oe] gtk-immodule

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Fri Aug 27 22:33:10 UTC 2010

hi,
I'd like to add something like GTK_IM_MODULE=xim in /etc/profile.d for the
htcdream, or maybe, any machine that has an hardware keyboard

how should that be added?

gtk-immodule-xim is part of the gtk+ recipes.

should I add a do_immodule() that check if there is keyboard
MACHINE_FEATURES, and if there is do an echo of GTK_IM_MODULE=xim to a
file which will be shiped to /etc/profile.d/immodule-gtk.sh ?
And add that to the gtk-immodule package?

without GTK_IM_MODULE=xim I've keyboard mapping issues under the htcdream:
xmodmap dream.xmodmap has no effect under gtk applications but work well
with illume or xlib applications

Denis.