[oe] ncurses 5.7 doesn't build libtermcap anymore?

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Sun Aug 29 10:02:18 UTC 2010

Hi Mike,

Le 29/08/2010 04:36, Mike Westerhof a écrit :
> I've been working on some recent problems that popped up in the SlugOS
> feeds; one that appeared recently is that asterisk no longer builds;
> configure complains about -ltermcap, and investigation shows that
> indeed, libtermcap is missing.  It seems that the new ncurses recipe
> (5.7) no longer builds it for some reason.

it's because 5.7's configure is using --with-ticlib which is
incompatible with --enable-termcap.
On ubuntu, it seems they simply do the following links :
usr/lib/libncurses.so usr/lib/libtermcap.so
usr/lib/libncurses.a  usr/lib/libtermcap.a

>  I think the same problem is
> the root cause for the failure of js to build as well.
>
> So I guess the first question is if this is intentional or not?  If it
> is, then I guess I'll modify the asterisk recipe to remove the
> dependency and submit that patch.  Otherwise, well, I guess I could
> attempt to debug and fix the ncurses recipe, but it looks a bit, um,
> "non-trivial" so any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Or should I just pin ncurses to the old 5.4 version that worked?

5.7 is also broken for sdk build, I'm currently trying to fix this, I've
add the link and tested asterisk's build, patch is coming.

Eric