[oe] gtk-immodule

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Sun Aug 29 15:06:45 UTC 2010

> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
> <GNUtoo at no-log.org> wrote:
>> hi,
>> I'd like to add something like GTK_IM_MODULE=xim in /etc/profile.d for
>> the
>> htcdream, or maybe, any machine that has an hardware keyboard
>>
>> how should that be added?
>>
>> gtk-immodule-xim is part of the gtk+ recipes.
>>
>> should I add a do_immodule() that check if there is keyboard
>> MACHINE_FEATURES, and if there is do an echo of GTK_IM_MODULE=xim to a
>> file which will be shiped to /etc/profile.d/immodule-gtk.sh ?
>> And add that to the gtk-immodule package?
>
> yes deducing it from MACHINE_FEATURES is a good approach imo.
How should I implement the code that does that:
I need to do that(bash version of the python function I used):
FILES_gtk-immodule-xim += "${sysconfdir}/profile.d/immodule-gtk.sh"
PACKAGE_ARCH_gtk-immodule-xim = "${MACHINE_ARCH}"

but there is an issue:
gtk-immodule-xim is part of PACKAGES_DYNAMIC,and it uses do_split_packages
if I add some python code after do_split_packages it seem to have no effect

Also, I wonder how multimachine builds would work:
the package is machine arch, but does gtk+ need to be rebuild for each
machine? that would be a huge issue for angstrom.

Denis.