[oe] branch namespace clutter

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 16:23:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Paul Menzel
<paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Am Montag, den 30.08.2010, 18:08 +0200 schrieb Marcin Juszkiewicz:
>> Dnia poniedziałek, 30 sierpnia 2010 o 17:56:52 Cliff Brake napisał(a):
>
>> > If there are any branches in the OE git repo that are no longer in
>> > use, please let me know and I'll delete them.  Our branch namespace is
>> > getting rather cluttered.
>>
>> Drop:
>> hrw/linux-updates
>>
>> Most of those >1y old branches got merged or are totally obsolete.
>
> I think creators of these branches can delete those themselves.
>
>        git push origin :hrw/linux-updates
>
> Where origin is the name of the remote OE repository.

Yes, this would normally be the case, but deleting remote branches is
disabled in this repository due to a hook we have installed on the
server.  So the only solution is for someone who has shell access on
the server to delete them directly in the repository.

Thanks,
Cliff