[oe] how to add file to SRC_URI for target only

Esben Haabendal esbenhaabendal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 18:18:04 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Chris Larson <clarson at kergoth.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 9:52 AM, Esben Haabendal
> <esbenhaabendal at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Chris Larson <clarson at kergoth.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Okay, how about..
>> >
>> > OVERRIDES =. "${@['', 'target:']['${BPN}' == '${PN}']}"
>>
>> I can also think of at least one way to do this without using anonymous
>> code.
>>
>> In base.bbclass:
>> RECIPE_TYPE = "target"
>> OVERRIDES =. "${RECIPE_TYPE}"
>>
>> In native.bbclass:
>> RECIPE_TYPE = "native"
>>
>> In cross.bbclass:
>> RECIPE_TYPE = "cross"
>

> And nativesdk, and sdk, and crosssdk, and cross-canadian, and.. ;)

Exactly.  But that is about it. The number of recipe types are really
quite limited.

This type of override is quite similar to the virtclass-* overrides,
just that it can be used independent on what recipe type is the
original one (not virtual).

Anyway, I were merely illustrating that a more efficient solution is
there, and could even be argued to be "cleaner" than the alternative.
Of-course, the last part is quite subjective, so anyone is free to
disagree.

/Esben