[oe] linux-omap-psp-2.6.32 breaks iscsi-target

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 18:35:49 UTC 2010

2010/8/30 Philip Balister <philip at balister.org>:
> On 08/30/2010 01:47 PM, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
>>
>> The current beagleboard angstrom and minimal distro's (and maybe
>> others) use the linux-omap-psp_2.6.32.bb recipe to build the kernel.
>
> What is iscsi and why would I need it on the Beagleboard?

http://stgt.sourceforge.net/

the pacakge is from
http://iscsitarget.sourceforge.net/
It is used by tgt (http://stgt.sourceforge.net/)

with it you can e.g. mount an iscsi disk.
iscsi is for instance also supported by windows 7 and by various NAS-es.
Its throughput is better than Samba or NFS.

So for beagle it could act as mechanism to e.g. retrieve content from a NAS.

Frans.