[oe] i2c-dev.h header file

John Faith jfaith at soundmetrics.com
Fri Dec 10 02:05:10 UTC 2010

On Dec 9, 2010, at 4:03 PM, Philip Balister wrote:

> It turns out i2c-dev.h is being staged by two bb files. I assume the
> correct copy comes from the kernel headers file.
>
> The i2c-tools package is also staging a copy that over writes this one.
> This causes a problem with the uhd build.
>
> I'd like to stop the i2c-tools package from staging that header. I think
> this is the proper solution. Installing i2c-tools on my desktop did not
> install this header anywhere and there was no corresponding dev package.
>
> Thoughts? If there are no objections I will implement this in the morning.
>
> Philip

Hi Philip,
I ran into this as well, and since I didn't want to mask the kernel header (which is a different file), I decided to rename the file from i2c-tools.  Don't know if this would work for anyone else, but this is the workaround I added to i2c-tools_3.0.2.bb:

do_stage2() {
    install -d ${STAGING_INCDIR}/linux
    install -m 0644 include/linux/i2c-dev.h ${STAGING_INCDIR}/linux/i2c-dev-user.h
}
addtask stage2 after do_package before do_populate_staging

do_install_append() {
    install -d ${D}${includedir}/linux
    install -m 0644 include/linux/i2c-dev.h ${D}${includedir}/linux/i2c-dev-user.h
    rm -f ${D}${includedir}/linux/i2c-dev.h
}

,
John