[oe] Source distribution broken?

Michael Poole mdpoole at troilus.org
Thu Dec 16 04:35:52 UTC 2010

2010/11/24 Anders Törnqvist <a.tqvist at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Is the source distribution functionality broken?
>
> This is set in local.conf:
> SRC_DIST_LOCAL = "copy"
> INHERIT += "src_distribute_local"
>
> New checkout of OE from git.
> Have tried different builds for MACHINE=beagleboard and images minimal-image and
> base-image.
>
> The only thing that is stored in the TMPDIR/deploy/glibc/sources is a MIT
> directory with the minimal-image/minimal-image.bb file.
>

> In src_distribute.bbclass there is a line
> addtask distribute_sources before do_build after do_fetch
> Does do_build actually get run for every task?
>
> If set to something else instead of "do_build" like "do_compile" will trigger a
> lot of src_distribute calls and copying of files for a lot of licenses to
> TMPDIR/deploy/glibc/sources.
>
> Any ideas?

I see substantially similar behavior, and am glad to know it's not
just me.  (Thanks, by the way, for mentioning the change from
"do_build" to "do_compile".)

I see a few more files on my system.  Curiously, and perhaps
significantly, they correspond to the targets that I pass to bitbake.
That is, I run "bitbake x-load u-boot-omap3 linux-omap3 company-image"
(where company-image extends micro-image), and inside
TMPDIR/deploy/uclibc/sources/ I have GPLv2+/x-load,
GPLv2/u-boot-omap3, GPLv2/linux-omap3 and MIT/company-image.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with OpenEmbedded or bitbake
to help much beyond this.  Hopefully someone else on the list can
help.

Michael