[oe] do_rootfs and mkfs.jffs2

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 08:45:58 UTC 2010

2010/12/18 Scott Garman <sgarman at zenlinux.com>:
> On 12/17/2010 02:08 PM, Frans Meulenbroeks wrote:
>>
>> I just tried to make a jffs2 image, but got an error that mkfs.jffs2
>> was not found.
>> Apparently somewhere a dependency to mtd-utils-native should be added,
>> but I have no idea where.
>
> In conf/bitbake.conf there is a line:
>
> IMAGE_DEPENDS_jffs2 = "mtd-utils-native"
>
> So one would think that would do the trick. Were you doing anything unusual
> to generate the jffs2 image (e.g, trying to override the default image type
> for your target)?

That line is here as well.
I did not do anything special. I was building james-image distro
minimal target sheevaplug
The only odd thing I noticed was that there was some mtd-utils output
in my recipes dir.
Maybe somewhere a build put stuff at the wrong place. Frankly no idea
how that could happen though (and didn't verify file times before I
nuked them.
We'll see if it reoccurs.

Frans.

PS: was about to press send, then Yuri mentionen a bitbake issue
causing output to end up at the wrong place.
Guess I've been bitten by that and the stamps tell that the package is
build but the exe is not there.