[oe] bitbake git head issue

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 14:40:12 UTC 2010

I did some more analysis on this by popping commits.

THis commit

commit 416dfe211ff0c37d746efe113bb6064b7e57d43a
Author: Chris Larson <chris_larson at mentor.com>
Date:   Fri Dec 10 10:37:11 2010 -0700

    server: kill stdin/stdout/stderr

    This ensures that nothing run from the server can touch the console, in
    particular event handlers and python tasks, both of which can use bb.msg or
    the bitbake loggers to send output to the UI in a correct fashion instead.

Seems to be the bad guy. If I reset until this commit,  I get the error.
If I then drop one more commit (git reset --hard HEAD^) the problem is gone.

Frans