[oe] python-inotify broken

AJ ONeal coolaj86 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 00:49:15 UTC 2010

Maybe silly, maybe not. It takes just about as much time to learn a
library's internals as it does to write one.

Case and point: python-inotify.

If you google around for "python-inotify" you get the mainstream module that
Ubuntu and the rest of the Linux crowd are using.
This version of the same name has a different API, is a different package.

That's a bit confusing, don't you think?

In this particular case, it may be better to use one of the mainstream
inotify modules.
I can't even tell if this one is being actively maintained (though, like I
said, I e-mailed the author to find out).

That all said, I'm not a python developer, I don't want to figure it out. I
just want something to use.

AJ ONeal