[oe] Problem with bitbake master & OE master during fetch

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Tue Dec 21 10:52:27 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 21/12/2010 09:17, Eric Bénard wrote:
> I still haven't investigated the reason of the error.

OK the reason of the error is that the machine I'm fetching for is an arm and
these recipes have either COMPATIBLE_MACHINE = "(h3600|h3900)"
or COMPATIBLE_HOST = "i.86.*-linux"
Same thing occur with recipes/apache/apache_2.0.54.bb which has :
python () {
     # Don't build apache unless we are building nativly
     target = bb.data.getVar("TARGET_ARCH", d, 1)
     build = bb.data.getVar("BUILD_ARCH", d, 1)
     if target != build:
         raise bb.parse.SkipPackage("Apache will only build nativly
(TARGET_ARCH == BUILD_ARCH)")
}

Also, the problem is only present when doing bitbake -b the_recipe.bb.
Doing bitbake the_recipe exit fine with the following message : "NoProvider:
adobe-flash".

If would be great if bitbake -b the_recipe.bb could exit properly instead of
looping on these errors.

Eric