[oe] avoid addtask?

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 08:33:49 UTC 2010

I was wondering whether it is better to avoid addtask where easily possible.

E.g. from one recipe:

do_postpatch() {
        rm -rf patches && rm -rf .pc && mv -f debian/patches patches
&& quilt push -av
}
addtask postpatch after do_patch before do_configure

Wouldn't it be simpler and probably even a little bit faster just to say:

do_configure_prepend() {
        rm -rf patches && rm -rf .pc && mv -f debian/patches patches
&& quilt push -av
}

(or if there is already a do_configure_prepend add the line to it)

Currently we have 142 addtasks and some of these are definitely useful
and desirable but I feel a lot of these could easily be merged into
the previous or next task.

How do you feel about this?

Frans