[oe] Python 2.7.1 support

Ben Gamari bgamari.foss at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 18:59:44 UTC 2010

I spent a few hours over the last few days forward porting the python 2.6
recipes to 2.7.1. At this point I can build both python-native and python on
for my ARM target. I don't have time or access to hardware at the moment so I
can't test the produce binaries but I figured I'd send this out in the name of
release early, release often.

If someone has the time and inclination to test this, I'm sure it would be
appreciated. I believe the 2.7 series should be API compatible with 2.6, so all
of the existing extensions should work unmodified. Are there any other barriers
to merging that I haven't thought of?

Has anyone thought about how we are going to handle python 2/3 coexistence? Or,
even better, has anyone looked into putting together some recipes?

Cheers,

- Ben