[oe] EABI pain and frustration!

Phil Blundell philb at gnu.org
Sat Feb 6 14:01:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-05 at 14:43 -0600, Travis Stratman wrote:
> >From my understanding of this issue he has an OABI rootfs and is trying
> to run an EABI executable on top of it. This just doesn't work period
> AFAIK; the kernel can boot either OABI or EABI with the compatibility
> flags config'd in, but all of the binaries on the filesystem must match.

I don't think this is strictly true: there shouldn't be any particular
reason why OABI and EABI binaries couldn't coexist on the same
filesystem.  Of course, you would need to have both sets of runtimes
installed (ld.so and libc at a mininum, plus whatever other libraries
are needed by your apps) so this would not be completely trivial to
arrange, but I can't think of anything that would impose a hard
requirement for everything on the system to be using the same ABI.

p.