[oe] mtr

Grahame Jordan gbj at theforce.com.au
Sun Feb 7 21:36:52 UTC 2010

   Hi Paul,

Cannot bitbake mtr. It is set to PV=0.65.

can you please post the error message and the log files?

   | checking for floor in -lm... yes
   | checking for socket... yes
   | checking for gethostbyname... yes
   | checking for seteuid... yes
   | checking for res_mkquery... no
   | checking for res_mkquery in -lbind... no
   | checking for res_mkquery in -lresolv... no
   | configure: error: No resolver library found
   | FATAL: oe_runconf failed

mtr-0.75 compiles and installs OK.
Can this be set to PV=0.75 and the mtr_0.75.bb file created in the
org.openembedded.dev branch?

How did you compile mtr-0.75? Did you just change the version number?
Could you send in a patch for it please?

   I copied mtr_0.65.bb to  mtr_0.75.bb
   I changed PREFERRED_VERSION_mtr ?= "0.75" in
   org.openembedded.dev/conf/distro/include/preferred-om-2008-versions.inc
   Thanks
   Grahame