[oe] xfwm4 themes from xfwm4-themes are not packed

John Willis John.Willis at Distant-earth.com
Thu Feb 11 09:50:18 UTC 2010

Dear Andreas,

> While you are working on that (you offered support -> I ask for more :-
> ):

The SLiM recipes you grabbed are also mine ;) (I am the main OE/Angstrom dev
for OpenPandora).

> How about adding recipes for slim also? I stole the recipe&patches from
> git://git.openpandora.org/openpandoraoe.git. The only modifications to
> get it work was
> 1. Add sessreg in my recipe (although it is part RDEPEND within
> slim_1.3.1.bb ?)

Those recipes need more work (there are a few nasty bugs in SLiM not passing
in the session variable correctly that makes a mess of xinitrc session
selection). I need to take some time to look at them.

That's the sole reason they are not proposed for OE yet and are sitting in
my 'OpenPandora hacky stuff' overlay tree ;-).

> 2. On the target I need to cp /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc
> /home/<LoginUser>/.xinitrc. I wanted to modify the recipe in that way
> that login_cmd links directly to the file /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc but...

For 2 take a look at recipes/pandora-system/pandora-skel.bb in the same
repository. That's how we install a .xinitrc for all users on the
OpenPandora (making use of /etc/skel).

Regards,

John