[oe] {RFC} rootfs directory path

Raffaele Recalcati lamiaposta71 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 17:50:33 UTC 2010

Hi Chris,

> Given that the rootfs dir used in the image creation process is of limited,
> if any, use, it makes most sense to just put it under the WORKDIR of the
> recipe.
>
> IMAGE_ROOTFS = "${WORKDIR}/rootfs"

Reading again this thread I remind one of my OE setup problems.
Due to my little experience I keep two #OE_HOME dir for each project,
one for stable/2009, and the other for dev branch, in order to make
comparisons.
If inthesame#OE_HOME builds are really possible (different from
parallel) I'll have one OE_HOME for dev branch , and the other for
stable one.

product1stable + product2stable + product3stable --> OE_HOME=oe_stable
product1dev + product2dev + product3dev --> OE_HOME=oe_dev

Anyway, I'll have to be able to backup some situation
(recipes+downloads at least) --> by now I'm using rsync.

I'm afraid of cache invalidation when I pass from product1 to product2.
I know that complete cache invalidation is necessary when eabi version changes.
I guess that if I do git pull maybe I don't have cache invalidation.

-----
Maybe be there is a good book about this setup?

Thx
Raffaele

www.opensurf.it