[oe] = ? UTF-8 ? B ? Ww== ? =oe= ? UTF-8 ? B ? XQ== ? = How to sane replace a path in a pkgconfig file ?

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 18:37:59 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 06:33:45PM +0100, bernhard.guillon at opensimpad.org wrote:
>> On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 03:23:09PM +0100, bernhard.guillon at opensimpad.org wrote:
>> >Hi all,
>> >currently I am working on fixing blackbox. I had to add a lot of includes to fix compiler errors.
>>
>> I have an import of the CVS tree here, fyi:
>> http://git.busybox.net/~aldot/git/blackboxwm/
>> http://git.busybox.net/~aldot/git/bbkeys/
>>
>> There were a couple of debian's patches applied (still by brad), i'd
>> recommend to use all blackbox-0.70.1..master patches and base off that.
>>

>Hi,
>thanks for the hint, the debian patch for the includes looks like mine so I will use the debian patch for updating the recipe :)
>
>But my problem is not the compiler errors but openembeddeds pkgconfig class.

I'm aware of that but unfortunately i can't help you with the pkgconfig class.

>When will pkgconfig be called? Before or after do_stage()? What is the right function to place the code of replacing  the wrong path of the pkgconfig file? The original package does it in do_stage() but it seems at least on my build system that pkgconfig class is called after do_stage().

classes/pkgconfig.bbclass suggests that .pc are fixed up in
do_install_prepend() (why does the efl class duplicate this, btw?)
and that this depends on stage.

btw.. someone should
sed -i -e s/vw/w/ docs/usermanual/reference/class_pkgconfig.xml

>Also is it safe to just replace the path in pkgconfig files in do_install_prepend()? Because then there is no file with the build path.
>
>So I need a function which gets called after pkgconfig class?

I'd try to remove that explicit .pc handling from blackbox and see what
happens and start from there (i.e. don't know yet).

cheers,
Bernhard