[oe] RFC: Improve our default conf file setup

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Tue Feb 16 11:47:19 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 12:15 +0100, Marco Cavallini wrote:
> I agree with this proposal, also beacuse I have been doing an intensive
> use of overlays.
> But I'd prefer a single configuration file containing everything rather
> than a myriad of small ones.

The trouble with this is that it doesn't let us escape from the current
local.conf situation.

The idea in the proposal is that each file has a specific purpose and
associates the data with the appropriate place. E.g. an overlay is in
the best position to know whether it has extra .bb files, .conf files,
site files and so on. A build directory is in the best position to know
which overlays should be included for a given build and so on.

Cheers,

Richard