[oe] {RFC] console-image.bb

Frans Meulenbroeks fransmeulenbroeks at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:11:51 UTC 2010

2010/2/18 Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl>:

>>> And funnily enough I'm the maintainer, so I get the final say.
>>
>> Still wondering what makes you the maintainer.
>>
>> git log does not mention any changes for this file by you (apart from
>> yesterdays revert):
>> See http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/log/recipes/images/console-base-image.bb
>
> Git doesn't track renames properly, using the parent of the
> packages->recipes commit:
>
> http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/log/packages/images/console-image.bb?id=fa6cd5a3b993f16c27de4ff82b42684516d433ba

The parent is http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/log/packages/images/console-base-image.bb
we're talking about console-base-image here.

> And that stops on a rename as well.
>

>> Btw in the commit message you write
>> "If you're touching a recipe at least make sure the creator/maintainer
>> agrees with your changes."
>>
>> How come this "rule" suddenly appears.
>
> It hasn't suddenly appeared, and furthermore console-image is widely
> used enough to label it 'core', so any changes will need to get
> reviewed, which they weren't in this case.
>
> And non-angstrom people created angstrom-named new recipes without any
> approval from angstrom developers is just plain rude.

Sorry, I have no idea who the angstrom developers are or what recipes
are angstrom recipes (unless the name explicitly says so).
I thought we were all openembedded developers.
Anyway, the recipes created by me are openembedded recipes not
angstrom recipes (for what it is worth).
That is also why they live in openembedded/recipes (and not angstrom/recipes).

If you feel so picky about other people touching your recipes, I
suggest to move them to a separate directory or overlay, so people
know when they are breaking new ground.

And finally (and yes I know I am repeating myself): please do unto
others as you would have them do unto you.
If you do not give respect, don't complain of getting none back.

Just my eur 0.02

FM.