[oe] omap3-desktop-image fails baking 'news'

Ben Udall ben at ontargetenterprises.com
Thu Feb 18 17:10:52 UTC 2010

Koen Kooi <k.kooi <at> student.utwente.nl> writes:

> On 11-02-10 13:46, Grahame Jordan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > After git pull I could not build e17/news on Ubuntu 9.04
> > Found this on:
> > http://old.nabble.com/omap3-desktop-image-fails-baking-'news'-td27323561.html
> >
> > applied changes and it now compiles OK.
>
> Since this is caused by skipping out autopoint, wouldn't it be better to
> run autopoint instead of patching stuff?
>
> regards,
>
> Koen

I'm having the same issue building omap3-desktop-image and followed the same
instructions that Grahame did, which did allow it to compile.

It looks like you're saying there's a better way to solve this with autopoint,
however, not being very familiar with the tools here I'm not sure what the right
way to implement this is.

Making a guess that the sed commands in the do_configure_prepend portion of the
recipe were trying to work around the lack of autopoint, I pulled them out and
replaced them with autopoint.

do_configure_prepend() {
    autopoint
}

This seems to work as news now builds without error.  However, I'm unsure if
this was the right way to go about it and if there might be some unintended side
effects.

-Ben Udall