[oe] Openembedded-devel Digest, Vol 43, Issue 99

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Tue Feb 23 15:25:17 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 23 February 2010 14:45:01 Jay Snyder wrote:

> I'll post details next time I run into it.     Your solution above
> doesn't fix the problem, as the error the OE build system complaining
> about binaries NOT having the GNU Hash.

Why the need for capital letters? Take a look at the insane.bbclass, it will
check if the target has the GNU hash only if --hash-style=gnu or --hash-
style=both is in the LDFLAGS (as seen from Bitbake). This means if you do not
have --hash-style=* in your LDFLAGS, insane.bbclass will not test and it will
not complain.

z.