[oe] {RFC} gpsd

Michael Lippautz michael.lippautz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 16:34:42 UTC 2010

Hej,

Since i rely on gpsd for my day-to-day work I did (or at least try to)
bump the version and get things a bit more right. (hopefully)

I bumped the recipe to 2.90 making the following changes:

* Removed board related stuff from the main recipe (I know there are
overrides, but I don't think the GPS device on a board has to do
something with gpsd itself.)
* Therefore added a recipe for the om-gta01 board. (couldn't test)
* Added udev support for gpsd. (hotplugging tested and working)
* Modified the init script so hardware could either
manually/update-alternatives added to /etc/default/gpsd file OR
  added by a separate recipe using the established socket. (tested and working)

I could successfully test gpsd 2.90 running via initscript and udev
using u-blox 4 and 5 devices.
Python bindings do also work, despite the fact the the API has
slightly changed (as stated at the gpsd homepage)

Patches are sent separately. I hope they are readable.

Regards,
Michael