[oe] How to build g++ to run on target?

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 02:33:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Tom Rini <tom_rini at mentor.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 16:53 -0800, Philip Balister wrote:

>> > may be because
>> >
>> > task-sdk-native.bb:RPROVIDES_${PN} = "task-native-sdk"
>>
>> I know that :) I am curious why the renaming.
>
> And if perhaps we couldn't get a different name altogether?  'native'
> has a meaning normally that's not what it means here.
> task-on-device-sdk is a bit wordy, but avoids 'native'.  Of course,
> 'native development' also has a meaning too.. RPROVIDES perhaps?  Or is
> that just the worst of both worlds..

yeah thats a good point. although native is not as bad but in context
of OE we already
assigned native to something that this task does not do. So using something like
what you suggest or task-target-sdk would be nice.

to answer the original question I think RDEPEND was added for fixing
upgrade channels on existing systems.