[oe] [RFC] recipes/images/${distro}

Tom Rini tom_rini at mentor.com
Sat Feb 27 21:27:51 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-02-27 at 20:46 +0000, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-02-27 at 16:56 +0000, Graeme Gregory wrote:
> > NAK on creating extra levels.
> >
> > Changing the level where recipes are held is not an option do to the way
> > you tell bitbake how to find them.
> >
> > BBFILES = "${OE}/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/*/*.bb"
>
> Is that really such a big deal?  We seemed to manage to switch BBFILES
> from /packages/ to /recipes/ without any major casualties, and I would
> have thought that adding an extra level in there would be equally
> straightforward.  Or of course, even better, the distro-specific recipes
> could go in an overlay which the distro config would select.

I think you've just hit on a potentially great idea.  Say that
'openembedded' supports 'micro' and 'minimal' as two example
distributions.  Move everyone else into their own distro overlay.  The
only problem with this, perhaps, is easily adding the distro overlay
itself into the right env vars. :(

--
Tom Rini <tom_rini at mentor.com>
Mentor Graphics Corporation