[oe] [bitbake vdr] /arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lintl

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 5 13:25:09 UTC 2010

Dear list,

Am Dienstag, den 05.01.2010, 13:30 +0100 schrieb Paul Menzel:
> Am Dienstag, den 05.01.2010, 10:51 +0100 schrieb Henning Heinold:
> > seems I forgot the depency. Will check them in later. This happens when one
> > done build vom clean oetmp.
>
> I merged your changes, did `bitbake -c clean vdr`, `bitbake vdr` and
> still get the same errors as yesterday/this night. I also tried `bitbake
> libintl` manually with no success.
>
> Is there something messed up with my setup?

I tried to build another package with `virtual/libintl` in its `DEPENDS`
and after updating the whois recipe to a newer version (see patch some
minutes ago) `bitbake whois` succeeded.

Is written yesterday, I do not really know what I am doing and how to
best approach to fix this problem. ;-)

Thanks,

Paul