[oe] QA Goals for OpenEmbedded

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Wed Jan 6 15:26:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 05:07 +0100, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> 	*) Koen reported that dependency loop reporting is not working anymore..
>             anyone cares to invest thes five minutes to fix that?

In bitbake?

> 	*) Sometimes we have pretty embarassing issues like some images switching
>             from mdev back to udev and we don't notice for months(!!!)
>             It would totally rock if one could change the rootfs.bbclass (or
>             such) class and count the size of the image on the first run, store
>             it in the temp directory and report the diff's back to the
>             tinderbox and then we could have a view on the tinderbox?
>
>             Inside the build summary we should see the new size of the image
>             and the growth compared to the first built?
>
>             The idea would be to have people look at the waterfall and go OMG
>             why did "minimal-image" grow by 2MB?

I started packagehistory.bbclass in Poky with ideas like this in mind.
It stores data in a filesystem layout and checked package versions don't
go backwards. Adding transports to send and receive data from a database
server would be a nice improvement.

>           *) The next step would be to transfer packet sizes as well

package sizes? Again this was a goal for packagehistory.bbclass

Cheers,

Richard