[oe] QA Goals for OpenEmbedded

Graeme Gregory dp at xora.org.uk
Thu Jan 7 11:01:01 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 11:40:39AM +0100, Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> Graeme Gregory wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 11:09:10PM +0100, Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> >> XorA "solved" this in a hackish way with angsstrom.bbclass.
> >>
> > No he didnt and no its not a hack.
>
> He didn't?  On August 15th last year somebody in #oe with the nick
> XorA|gone claimed he did.
>
> http://www.hentges.net/irclogs/%23oe/2009/August/20090815_oe.log?lines=500#[20090815%2015:29:59]
>
> <XorA|gone>: it is in the end why I wrote the generic blacklist code

Any quote out of conext can mean anything :-) But in my conversation and now
the blacklist is to nuke a ${PN} without any consideration of versions or
dependencies. It is not and wasnt meant as a solution to versioned depends.

> and the following sounded rather hackish to me
>
> <XorA|gone>: beware it gives a crazy python dump if you use it in combo
>              with bitbake -b
> [...]
> <Laibsch>: OK, so not yet ready to be turned by default, he?
> <XorA|gone>: Laibsch: any call to skippackage with bitbake -b does that
> <XorA|gone>: Laibsch: as you rip out the recipe under bitbakes nose

bitbake deals badly when a PN dissapears during its execution as I said
on IRC it occurs also in a number of places where skippackage is called
including using COMPATIBLE_MACHINE. If blackist is hacky so is
COMPATIBLE_MACHINE.

Graeme