[oe] Tester needed for `bitbake vdr`

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 7 18:56:08 UTC 2010

Am Dienstag, den 05.01.2010, 14:27 +0100 schrieb Paul Menzel:
> Am Dienstag, den 05.01.2010, 13:30 +0100 schrieb Paul Menzel:
> > Am Dienstag, den 05.01.2010, 10:51 +0100 schrieb Henning Heinold:
> > > seems I forgot the depency. Will check them in later. This happens when one
> > > done build vom clean oetmp.
> >
> > I merged your changes, did `bitbake -c clean vdr`, `bitbake vdr` and
> > still get the same errors as yesterday/this night. I also tried `bitbake
> > libintl` manually with no success.
> >
> > Is there something messed up with my setup?
>
> just to rule this out, can someone please try a test build on his/her
> system (merge current Git HEAD of org.openembedded.dev and do `bitbake
> vdr`) and report back to this list.

zecke on IRC tested it and it failed for him too.

        10:52 < zecke> PaulePanter: the build fails for me on cortex-a8
        10:52 < zecke> PaulePanter: and with -lintl not being found
        10:53 < zecke> PaulePanter: and vdr is not using autotools?
        10:54 < zecke> PaulePanter: the -lintl does not need to present with glibc (AFAIK)
        10:59 < PaulePanter> zecke: Thanks for trying. As far as I know VDR is not using autotools.
        11:00 < PaulePanter> zecke: I will try to remove the `-lintl` from the call.
        11:02 < zecke> PaulePanter: it works then. For uclibc and such we need -lintl but not for glibc (AFAIK)

I will submit a patch in the other thread.

Thanks,

Paul