[oe] RFC: Bump default version for gtk+ to 2.18.3

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 19:48:03 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Phil Blundell <philb at gnu.org> wrote:

> All too often we end up with new versions being stuck in at
> DEFAULT_PREFERENCE -1 simply because the person updating the recipe
> didn't want to take the responsibility for testing it.  This is

What should that responsibility involve?

I usually "test" on one or two machines but still set a DEFAULT_PREFERENCE "-1".

It's very hard for the committer to collect enough testing evidence
for all the use cases / variables.

Maybe we should be less restrictive on bug fix releases (typically
x.y.z to x.y.z+small number).

Regards,
--
Leon