[oe] Remote Debugging

Joerg Eesmann jeesmann at gmx.de
Fri Jan 8 21:37:19 UTC 2010

Hi there,
I am trying to remote debug my Openmoko freerunner.
I already installed succesfully gdbserver, and can attach it to the
progem I am going to debug.
The question is, what to do on host side?
I bitbaked gdb-cross-sdk, I bitbaked my changed package (bluez4)
So I will install a debug version of the package, and attach to the
bluetoothd-demon.
On host side, I guessed I needed a gdb, that can handle ARM-processor,
therefore gdb-cross-sdk.
Now I should have everything... but a few questions left.
GDB ist only ipk-package, what to do with this?
Where do I find the arm-compiler bluetoothd on my host (I guess in work,
but will this be the strippded version or not, because also stripped
package has been made).
Am I on the right way? Is there any howto or something like that
availlable, where you could point me?

thank you for your help in advance,
best regards,
Joerg