[oe] building classpath / ecj-initial fails

Chris Veigl chris at shifz.org
Sat Jan 9 20:47:34 UTC 2010

Hi all,

  I ran into problems when bitbaking java-related stuff for the
  OMAP3-platforms (gumstix-overo, beagleboard)
  in the current org.openembedded.dev environment:

  I receive the following error at task
  /recipes/classpath/classpath-native_0.97.2.bb, do_configure

"checking if /media/disk/overo-oe/tmp/staging/i686-linux/usr/bin/ecj-initial
works... configure: error: The Java compiler
/media/disk/overo-oe/tmp/staging/i686-linux/usr/bin/ecj-initial failed (see
config.log, check the CLASSPATH?)"

  the problem seems to be that jamvm-initial (which is called by ecj-initial)
  produces a memory-allocation fault (maybe related to the argument -Xmx1024m ?)

  I found similar problems browsing the OE-build stats and the web,
  but no hints for a solution ..

any help or comments very much apprechiated,
regards,
Chris