[oe] vdr: questions regarding cplusplus.patch

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 10 07:53:18 UTC 2010

Dear Henning and list,

packaging VDR for OE you added cplusplus.patch [1] to be applied. I am
trying to get the patches upstream, but I have some questions.

Is it correct, that the two changes have the following goals?

1. Instead of using the C headers which are deprecated use the headers
provided by C++ as mentioned for example in [2].
2. You changed `canonicalize_file_name(FileName);` to
`realpath(FileName,NULL);`. Is that because OE just support Linux and
not GNU/Hurd for example [3]?
3. I do not understand why a lot of headers are included in tools.h and
tools.c. But I have to look that up in some reference.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/tree/recipes/vdr/files/cplusplus.patch
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stdarg.h