[oe] building classpath / ecj-initial fails

Chris Veigl chris at shifz.org
Mon Jan 11 20:56:46 UTC 2010

Dallas Foley <dfoley <at> techsol.ca> writes:

> Jaap de Jong wrote:
> > Hi Henning,
> >
> > My approach after many unsuccessful attempts:
> >
> > 	- install
> > 		apt-get install sun-java6-jdk
> > 	- edit local.conf
> > 		ASSUME_PROVIDED += " ecj-initial "
> > 		ASSUME_PROVIDED += " virtual/java-initial "
> > 		ASSUME_PROVIDED += " virtual/java-native "
> > 		ASSUME_PROVIDED += " virtual/javac-native "
> > 		PREFERRED_PROVIDER_classpath = "classpath"
> > 		PREFERRED_VERSION_classpath = "0.97.2"
> > 	- bitbake cacao

thank you for the hint - i will try this next

> > Could not get jamvm nor classpath 0.98 compiled.

what problems did arise ?

> Not sure if this is the right answer, but I also could not build ecj-initial
> until I changed "-Xmx1024m" to "-Xmx512m" in recipes/ecj/files/ecj.in
> and I think rebuilding ecj-bootstrap-native and ecj-initial worked for me.

I suppose this solves the memory error in the "classpath - configure" - task.
which setup (in terms of PREFERRED_PROVIDER, PREFERRED_VERSION, ASSUME_PROVIDED)
did you use ? - and: could you build jamvm and classpath successfully ?

Using the OE-wiki setup, I got problems with the "compile" task (jamvm does not
recognize option "-o"), which do not relate to the above memory problems.

regards,
chris.