[oe] building classpath / ecj-initial fails

Chris Veigl chris at shifz.org
Tue Jan 12 00:03:12 UTC 2010

Martin Jansa <martin.jansa <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > I did a git pull, cleared the tmp folder and let
> > bitbake run during the night, but get the same error:
> >
> >   Unrecognised command line option: -o
>
> Strange because this should be built only with gjdoc enabled, which I
> disabled, because I had exactly the same problem (it worked only on
> system with antlr installed also outside OE staging).

http://git.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/commit/?id=762fa9e86556d8f12031eaa383063d379fde21d7

thanks for the patch,
i use the angström distro, machine=beagleboard
and applied the patch manually.

my most recent build, uses the original setup (no P_Vs defines)
and the adjustment of the memory option suggested by Dallas
("-Xmx512m" in recipes/ecj/files/ecj.in)
this try showed success: configure and compile of classpath-initial worked,
but I got another error at:

task 2434 of 7953 (ID: 3753,
/media/disk/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/antlr/antlr-native_2.7.7.bb,
do_compile)
ERROR: function do_compile failed
ERROR: log data follows (/media/disk/overo-oe/tmp/work/i686-linux/ \
  antlr-native-2.7.7-r0/temp/log.do_compile.11606)
 Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse
/jdt/internal/compiler/batch/Main
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.Main not found in java.lang.ClassLoader

> I did it only for classpath-native, maybe you need similar workaround
> for classpath (if you don't need to build gjdoc).
>
> # SHR distro.. We had only this P_Vs now..:
>
> # We need this for jamvm
> PREFERRED_VERSION_classpath = "0.98"
> PREFERRED_VERSION_classpath-native = "0.98"

> And all PREFERRED_PROVIDERs set by compatibility-providers.conf

OK. i will try that next...

thank you,
regards,
chris