[oe] Adding a new Machine question

Perepelica Alexander alexondi at rambler.ru
Wed Jan 13 12:55:12 UTC 2010

Hi!
I have problem with configs for new x86_64 machine.
How I read in manual I need set next vasiables
1. TARGET_ARCH
  TARGET_ARCH = "x86_64"
2. MACHINE_FEATURES
 MACHINE_FEATURES = "kernel26 screen keyboard pci usbhost acpi ext2 x86"
 MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS = " kernel-modules"
3. PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel
 PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux"
 And now when I build  helloworld-image all is ok i get my RFS image.
But when I try build bootstrap-image I got error
"  no such directory asm-x86" but I see dir with name "asm-generic" and
name of machine conf file is x86_64-generic.conf.
So, I don't understand what I do wrong?

x86_64-generic.conf
# Released under the MIT license (see packages/COPYING)
#@TYPE: Machine
#@NAME: x86_64

TARGET_ARCH = "x86_64"

#PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux"
PREFERRED_VERSION_gcc = "4.4.2"
KERNEL_IMAGETYPE = "bzImage"
GLIBC_ADDONS = "nptl"
GLIBC_EXTRA_OECONF = "--with-tls"

IMAGE_FSTYPES ?= "ext2.gz"
IMAGE_DEVICE_TABLES = " \
  files/device_table-minimal.txt \
  files/device_table_add-loop.txt \
  files/device_table_add-scsi.txt \
"
MACHINE_FEATURES = "kernel26 screen keyboard pci usbhost acpi ext2"
MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS = " kernel-modules"
TARGET_CC_ARCH = "-m64"
BASE_PACKAGE_ARCH = "x86_64"
FEED_ARCH = "x86_64"
#PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS += "x86 i386 i486 i586 i686"

--
Thank you.
Perepelica Alexander