[oe] RFC: Sane default for SPLASH

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Thu Jan 14 13:48:56 UTC 2010

Koen Kooi wrote:
> NAK, the needless SPLASH -> BOOTSPLASH will create too much work for
> people to catch up to, and it messes up the docs on the subject.

With respect to "needless", the reasons for the change were given in
this thread.  Please revisit the discussion.

And in any case, the tremendous (LOL) amount of work can be
significantly reduced with the help of sed, as I'm sure you are aware.

With regard to docs:

$ rgrep SPLASH docs/
$

The wiki has nothing on it, either.  Nothing but hot air?

This has become a non-core change, I don't feel bound by your NAK. That
being said, I know of your tendency of "my way or the highway" and have
prepared a new patch that omits the name change but is otherwise
identical.  Since this addresses your "concerns" I await your ACK.