[oe] beagleboard-demo-image, and the evil that is "gnome-games"

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 17 16:57:30 UTC 2010

Am Sonntag, den 17.01.2010, 11:47 -0500 schrieb Robert P. J. Day:

[…]

>   a suggestion -- until the issue with gnome-games is resolved, why
> not just remove its inclusion from the bb-demo-image task?  i'm being
> quite serious -- it's obviously not a critical package, and if it's
> the only thing keeping people from building and testing the OE dev
> branch for the beagleboard, take it out so folks can get back to
> testing.

[…]

In my opinion that would not be the right way to tackle this issue.

Just enter a new bug report in OE’s bugtracker [1], attach a diff people
can apply *locally* to remove the dependency on `gnome-games`, reference
the report in a reply to this thread and close the report when the issue
is fixed.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://bugs.openembedded.net/