[oe] Angstrom: x11-gpe-image : Calibration of Screen ?

Marco Cavallini koansoftware at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 13:23:56 UTC 2010

Ulf Samuelsson ha scritto, Il 19/01/2010 01:01:
> This was discussed early autumn and apparently there was a conflict
> between different libraries + X Windows versions, so it could not be done.
>
> Any news here?

No (really good) news,
but I'm currently working on this.
I tried to enable touchscreen calibration without success.

I built Xorg version Xorg-1.7.3 configured with --enable-xcalibrate
but I didn't get this extension in my Xorg, so when I try to call xtscal
I always get this error:
 # xtscal
 XCALIBRATE extension missing: Success

I debugged a bit the following packages: xtscal_0.6.3,
libxcalibrate_git, libxext_1.1.1

Temporary conclusion is that xtscal is no longer usable because the
xcalibrate extension is only implemented for kdrive.
Possible options are to use kdrive (hopefully not) or find another way
to calibrate our touchscreen.
I am working on a new way to calibrate the screen in the xorg (not
kdrive) way.

Any hints or help would be greatly appreciated.

Cordiali Saluti / Kindest Regards / mit freundlichen Grüssen
--
Marco Cavallini | KOAN sas | Bergamo - Italia
 embedded and real-time software engineering