[oe] circular dependency on do_package and do_deploy in recipes/linux/linux-storcenter_2.6.27.7.bb

Guo Hongruan camelguo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 03:04:19 UTC 2010

Hi guys,
   I build my openembedded project using the following setting:
MACHINE=storcenter
DISTRO=micro
LIBC=eglibc

   But the build failed to execute due to the following error:
ERROR: Task
/media/work-disk/testslave/oe_gss_inc_change_allinone/build/../openembedded/recipes/linux/linux-storcenter_2.6.27.7.bb
(do_package) has circular dependency on
/media/work-disk/testslave/oe_gss_inc_change_allinone/build/../openembedded/recipes/linux/linux-storcenter_2.6.27.7.bb
(do_deploy)
   I guess that it is caused by the following line in
linux-storcenter_2.6.27.7.bb:
addtask deploy before do_package after do_install
because the kernel has defined the dependency in kernel.bbclass
554 addtask deploy before do_build after do_package
So, do_package and do_deploy causes the circular dependency.

I think it can be solved just remove the addtask in
linux-storcenter_2.6.27.7.bb. Am I right?

Thanks a lot

--
Guo Hongruan, Embedded Linux Consultant
Skype: camelguo