[oe] Getting patches committed

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger+oe at freyther.de
Thu Jan 21 10:02:11 UTC 2010

On Thursday 21 January 2010 10:43:44 Paul Menzel wrote:

> So now my question is, is there a temporary reason for this lack of time
> by developers or is that a fundamental problem so a solution is needed?

I don't think this is temporary.

> 1. It looks like nobody of the developers is using Patchwork yet. It
> looks like everybody can register an account and update the statuses. Is
> there a demand for it? Maybe we can find some non-developers (including
> me) volunteering to do this?

I could need a hand keeping it updated. E.g. I was busy the last weeks and
couldn't remove items from the page and now we are up to three pages of data.

> 2. Is there a way to have a staging branch where all patches are
> committed to, which have not been reviewed for let us say one week, to
> get more testing and before they go into the dev branch? Maybe it is
> easier for people to at least test build such a branch?

Would you be interested in creating such a branch for us? I assume it is
certainly easier to git cherry-pick a patch than to download the mbox and use
git am..