[oe] problem in building console-iamge

saleh usman salehusman at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 21 14:31:10 UTC 2010

I've built console-image without adding the following lines in local.conf

 file and it has been built successfully.Now when I've added these lines it is

giving  error.Attached is local.conf file.

 ANGSTROM_EXTRA_INSTALL = " screen oprofile ossie-fm-from-file "

BBFILES = "/oe/org.openembedded.dev/packages/*/*.bb  /oe/ossie_collection/packages/*/*.bb"

BBFILE_COLLECTIONS = "upstream ossie"

BBFILE_PATTERN_upstream = "^/oe/org.openembedded.dev/packages"

BBFILE_PRIORITY_upstream = "5"

BBFILE_PATTERN_ossie = "^/oe/ossie/packages"

BBFILE_PRIORITY_ossie = "10"

Where oe is directory in which I've placed openembedded.

 Terminal window is showing following error.

[saleh at localhost ~]$ bitbake console-image

NOTE: Out of date cache found, rebuilding...

NOTE: Handling BitBake files: \ (0014/0014) [100 %]

NOTE: Parsing finished. 0 cached, 14 parsed, 0 skipped, 0 masked.

 ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'console-image'

I've set the BBPATH environment variable as following.
 export BBPATH=/oe/build:/oe/openembedded:/oe/ossie_collection
 where oe is directory in which I've placed openembedded and ossie_collection  directory.

Actuall I've dowloaded files from
http://trac.geekisp.com/opensdr/browser/OE/ossie_collection and placed
them in a directory named ossie_collection.
 How this line will be interpretted
 /oe/org.openembedded.dev/packages/*/*.bb
 weather it is a link from which bitbake will download files or it
is pointing to a directory which should be already existing in oe
directory

 Plz help me in moving forward.
 Saleh

Keep your friends updated—even when you’re not signed in.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_5:092010