[oe] [RFC] Zaurus: make updater.sh obsolete for poodle, clamshells and tosa

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 10:12:45 UTC 2010

Again about that Sharp headers...I tried to see why these were
necessary long ago:

Reading here  http://www.oesf.org/index.php?title=C3000_Device_Specifics#Creation_of_a_new_initrd_for_the_SL-C3000
it seems there was even an header appended to the kernel, not only one
header prepended to the initrd.

I suspect we have already broken the compatibility with original
layout (Version and Master version blocks)... so I'd go ahead
simplifying the script!

Regards

Andrea

P.S. about flashing the kernel (on clamshells, not collie)
nandlogical /dev/mtd1 WRITE 0x0E0000 0x140000 zImage.bin
vs
nandlogical /dev/mtd1 WRITE 0x0E0000 0x13C000 zImage.bin

What are these 0x4000 = 16KiB between kernel1 and kernel2?
( http://www.h5.dion.ne.jp/~rimemoon/zaurus/memo_006.htm )